Architectural awards are viewed as a way of celebrating and rewarding exemplary architectural design.
The RSAW is currently involved with three architectural awards schemes in Wales:
Eisteddfod Architecture Medal
Exhibition entries are invited from architects, or groups of architects, for Architecture in Wales, an exhibition of recent architecture in Wales held at the National Eisteddfod each year. Successful entries for inclusion in the exhibition are also considered for the Gold Medal for Architecture (Alwyn Lloyd Memorial Medal) and the Plaque of Merit. The closing date is in March, with the winners announced at the National Eisteddfod in August.
The next opportunity for entry will be in March 2013.
RIBA Awards shortlist 2013
- Bargoed Library, Bargoed, Pentan Partnership
- Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone, Ebbw Vale, BDP
- Trewarren House, Pembrokeshire, John Pardey Architects
- Petravore, Cardiff, Hyde and Hyde Architects
- Craigol Isaf - Red Kite Barn, Builth Wells, H2 Architecture
- Cwm Ifor Primary School, Caerphilly, Architype
- Cynon Valley Hospital, Mountain Ash, HLM Architects
- New Day Hospice for St David’s Foundation, Newport, KKE Architects
About RIBA Awards
Awarded on an annual basis, with a closing date in late February, judging takes place in March/April. Winners are announced by the RSAW in June and form the basis of the RIBA Stirling Prize longlist.
The next opportunity for entry will be in February 2013.
Previous RIBA award-winning schemes:
Welsh Housing Design Awards
Co-ordinated by the RSAW with the Welsh Assembly Government and the Design Commission for Wales, the Welsh Housing Design Awards are awarded every two years.