RSAW Extra CPD Programme 2013
We are currently working closely with members in North and West Wales to establish a program of delivering CPD in the area, with the aim of delivering the Core Programme at a methods thats most convenient and suitable.
If you have any suggestions, you can forward them on to Hannah Corr.
Autumn CPD - North Wales
Two seminars in one afternoon - Sustainable architecture through retrofit & Passivhaus and other approaches
Date: Wednesday 23 October
Venue: Oriel Mostyn, Llandudno LL30 1AB
Time: 1 – 4.30pm
These seminars are aimed at providing architects with practical knowledge of sustainable architecture and design. Using case studies, they will illustrate the considerations involved in low carbon design and energy efficiency construction, while examining different approaches to retrofit and radical new ways of thinking about new builds. The seminars cover RIBA Core Curriculum topics ‘Climate’ and ‘Designing and building it’. A sandwich lunch will be included.
Sustainable architecture and climate change adaptation - the retrofit approach
- Understanding the principles of mitigation and adaptation to climate change
- Applying the techniques of low carbon design and energy efficiency to retrofit projects
- Identification and use of KPIs to maximise the impact of sustainable design
Sustainable design: Passivhaus and other systems
- Technical features of sustainable construction methods & systems
- Passivhaus approach to design and its use in the UK
- Passivhaus principles: glazing and shading, airtightness, orientation, ventilation etc.
Speaker: Craig White is Director of White Design Associates in Bristol. Craig is a graduate of the Welsh School of Architecture and has been involved in low energy and sustainable design since the 1980s. He is senior lecturer at the Department of Planning and Architecture at UWE, where he teaches architectural design with emphasis on the principles of sustainability. He is a Design Advice consultant with the Carbon Trust and has worked on the UK's Low Carbon Buildings Programme.
Please contact Hannah Corr to book a place or complete the booking form below.