The purpose of the group is to relate sustainability to the profession and to inform members of the development of RIBA policy, educational and professional standards and practical services to promote sustainable design.
The group is made up of invited experts on sustainable construction, principally architects with track records in the delivery of projects at the forefront of sustainable design, but also, when appropriate, from related professional, research and academic backgrounds.
- Source of expertise for RIBA responses, both reactive and proactive, to government, industry and the press on matters of sustainability.
- Source of expert contributors to government, industry panels and interdisciplinary sustainability initiatives.
- Identify key issues for the profession to address in order to maximise its contribution to more sustainable development.
- Work with the Practice Committee on the development of sustainability aspects of the curriculum for schools of architecture and CPD.
- Work with the Practice Committee on the development of professional standards to ensure issues of sustainability are appropriately integrated.
- Engage with RIBA Knowledge Communities.
- Sustainability Hub; the one-stop portal for sustainability information for architects, students and educators alike.
Chair: Alan Shingler
Members: Justin Bere, Judit Kimpian, Peter Rickaby, Lynne Sullivan, John Gelder, Simon Sturgis, Yasmin Shariff, Doug King, Charlie Peel, Nic Crawley, Elena Marco, Robert Prewett, Peter Fisher
Staff contact: Mark Crosby firstname.lastname@example.org