26 February 2013 - 27 April 2013
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
RIBA, 66 Portland Place London W1B 1AD
The Venice Takeaway presents the work of ten architectural teams that travelled the world to seek inspiration and imaginative responses to contemporary issues in architecture today.
Launched at the British Pavilion at the Venice Architecture Biennale in Summer 2012, and for the first time brought back to Britain, it charts a course that takes in Argentina, Brazil, China, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Russia, Thailand and the USA.
The exhibition and objects on display encapsulate ideas for change and lessons from abroad, reminding us that the practice of architecture is as much about observation and thinking as it is about design.
The explorers and their featured projects include:
- Aberrant Architecture - Animating Education: Learning from Rio de Janeiro
- Ross Anderson & Anna Gibb - Paper Architecture, Russia
- Darryl Chen - New [Socialist] Village, China
- dRMM - The Dutch Way, Holland
- Forum for Alternative Belfast - Internationale Bauausstellung, Belfast
- Public Works, Urban Projects Bureau, Owen Pritchard - The Image of the Architect: An Open Charter
- Elias Redstone - Fideicomiso! Argentina
- Liam Ross & Tolulope Onabolu - British Standard, Lagos Exception
- Smout Allen & BLDGBLOG - British Exploratory Land Archive, A Proposal and Prototype
- Takero Shimazaki/Toh Shimazaki Architecture - Architecture of People, Nature & Place
Admission to all RIBA exhibitions is free.