The King's Mews

KingsMews
 

The king’s stables had been in what is now Trafalgar Square since the 13th century. In 1732 William Kent built the Royal Mews, shown on the left of this print, on the same site. Beyond is the spire of St Martin-in-the-Fields, behind a row of cottages that surrounds the exercise yard of the mews.

 

 

 
 
 
 
×