Trafalgar Square 1867-74

TrafalgarSquare
 

To the right of the church is Morley’s Hotel, which had replaced lower St Martin’s Lane in the 1830s. It was later demolished to make way for South Africa House. Sir Edwin Landseer’s lions were in place by 1867. To the right of the column, surmounted by a lion, is Northumberland House, a 17th-century mansion demolished in 1874.

 

 

 
 
 
 
×