Integrating building services in historic buildings: developing harmony or creating contradiction - Nottingham
The comprehensive analysis will specify the essential items to consider for your project:
- building physics and environmental control such as temperature, humidity, air flow,ventilation, insulation, light, colour, noise and acoustics, water, renewables and energy
- best practice and pitfalls including English Heritage, National Trust, commissioning andsoft landings
- standards: purists v practicality
- communication and the final say involving client, team, planning and conservationofficers, building control and contractors
- meeting other requirements such as accessibility and fire
- installation best practices and problem solving.
The detailed description will be complemented by case studies including a review of three Grade 1 Listed libraries with very different requirements resulting in three fundamentally separate approaches (Jesus College Fellows Library, the Queens College Library and Balliol College St Cross Archive project).
This session will include a case review of an abandoned courtyard and building of Blenheim Palace.
The speaker will also itemise the 10 things to ask your services engineer and allow time for a questions and answers session.
Speaker: Alex Baines, Head of Sustainability and Building Physics
RIBA CPD Club Members: Free of charge