RIBA London CPD Series - Painless Financial Management
This seminar provides straightforward advice and practical solutions on how to manage finances effectively in your practice and on projects. Including:
- How to keep on top of the seemingly relentless costs of running a practice – the monthly payroll, the rent, income tax, VAT.
- Managing project budgets – setting cost rates, charge out rates, factors influencing a project budget.
- Fee calculation, negotiation and management.
- Managing cash flow; understanding profit; and, keeping in profit.
- Forecasting and risk management – fees, resources and cash flow.
- What puts architects out of business – the key mistakes to avoid.
Speaker: Brian Pinder-Ayres has been qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) for over twenty-five years. During his career he has worked in senior finance roles with Mobil and Polaroid and as a management consultant with chartered accountants Moores Rowland.
Brian joined architects YRM as Finance Director in 1997 helping them to establish the finance systems of the practice after its management buyout. He has been Finance Director with architects Shepheard Epstein Hunter since 2001 during which time the practice has become a consistently profitable and diversified business. Brian is the author of the RIBA commissioned book ‘Painless Financial Management’ which is a part of the Good Practice Guide series.
Download Booking form: law and order