Find a Conservation Architect

If you are looking to commission work on a heritage building, you will need an architect with specific skills and experience



Our register of specialists encompasses all aspects of historic building conservation, repair and maintenance.

The register has three tiers of specialism. Click on the links below to browse a list of architects in each category.

Specialist Conservation Architect (SCA)
A specialist conservation architect has authoritative knowledge of conservation practice and extensive experience of working with historic buildings.

Conservation Architect (CA)

A conservation architect has in-depth knowledge and experience of working with historic buildings. 

Conservation Registrant (CR)
A conservation registrant has an awareness of the issues involved in working with historic buildings and has attended a conservation course approved by the RIBA. 

The RIBA Conservation Register allows you to browse the register by location. 

If you live in a Georgian, Victorian or Edwardian terraced house, or if you live in a conservation area or in a listed building, download the guide for private clients below.

Private clients' guide (PDF - 741kB)

If you are involved in development or investment in the commercial, public, ecclesiastical or charitable sectors, or you are a planner or other professional download the guide for corporate clients below.

Corporate clients' guide (PDF - 216kB)

For more information, contact the RIBA Client Services team: telephone: +44 (0) 20 7307 3700

Want to join the Conservation Register?