Founded by The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) and The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), the group bring skills in sustainable development, planning, infrastructure, architecture, structural engineering and project management to support UK and international governments and agencies tackle scenarios including floods, droughts, earthquakes and conflict situations.
The UKBEAG will also offer support to the UK’s Department for International Development (DfID) and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), together with associated humanitarian agencies.
The following are among the core skills - necessary to determine where to build, what to build and how to build - offered by members of the group:
- Town & Country Planning
- Strategic Master Planning
- Policy making
- Urban Design
- Place Making
- Structural Engineering
- Community and stakeholder engagement
The following are among the core activities undertaken by members of the group:
- Developing educational and professional standards
- Supporting continuing professional development
- Contributing to government policy (local, national and international), eg rapid adaption strategies, planning policy, building code, and strategic project identification and definition
- Building institutional capacity
- Promoting public and community engagement
- International skills development
- Recognising excellence
Members will provide leverage and advocacy amongst their global networks.
The UKBEAG is a member of the Global Alliance for Urban Crises
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org