RIBA Presidential elections
Nominations have now closed for the RIBA Presidential elections and I am delighted to let you know that the following are the candidates to be RIBA President from September 2015:
- Jane Duncan
- Oliver Richards
The elections are conducted independently on our behalf by Electoral Reform Services (ERS) and voting information, including formal candidate statements and instructions on how to vote, will be sent to you either electronically or by post on 17 June. Voting will take place from 17 June to 23 July.
As returning officer can I urge you to vote in this important election for the person who will lead the RIBA for two years from September 2015 and will be President-elect from September 2014? At the same time you will also be able to vote for members of RIBA Council.
I am sure that you will want to have a full understanding of each of the Presidential candidates before you decide how to vote. The pack issued on 17 June will contain their formal statements, but in the meantime you may want to look at their websites:
The candidates are keen to talk to as many members as possible and you are invited to the following events:
- Winchester: 28 May Registration 4pm, event 4.30 - 5.30pm
- Manchester: 4 June Registration 6pm, event 6.30 - 7.30pm
- London: 5 June Registration 6.30pm, event 7 - 8pm
- Birmingham: 9 June Registration 1800, event 1830 to 1930
- Newcastle: 10 June Drinks 5pm, event 5.30 - 6.30pm
- Bristol: 11 June Drinks 5.30pm, event 6 - 7pm
- Belfast: 16 June Registation 3.30pm, event 4 - 5pm Drinks 5.30pm, event 6 - 7pm
- RSUA, 2 Mount Charles, Belfast BT7 1NZ
Join the 2014 RIBA Presidential candidates for presentations and a debate on their manifestos, at the St James Priory in the Centre of Bristol on June 11, where you will have the opportunity to quiz two RIBA members who wil represent and promote the profession and the Institute. Book now
Please RSVP to the email address shown, or contact the regional office if you have any queries.
Posted on Thursday 15th May 2014