Great Ormond Street announces shortlist for competitive dialogue
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust (GOSH) has shortlisted contractor-led, multi-disciplinary design teams to develop designs for a signature building that will become the hospital’s new ‘front door’.
The new clinical building on Great Ormond Street in central London will replace outdated facilities with a high quality environment consistent with the hospital’s world-class paediatric care and research activities. The design brief for the competition being run by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) was created in partnership with staff, patients and families and articulates their shared aspiration for a building to express the GOSH guiding principle: the Child First and Always.
Shortlisted teams taking part in the competitive dialogue, which culminates in a public exhibition in March 2017, are as follows:
- Carillion, with Eric Parry acting as design architect and Conrad Gargett as healthcare architect
- John Sisk & Son, with BDP acting as both design and healthcare architect
- Skanska, with Heatherwick Studio and HOK acting as design architect and HOK as healthcare architect.
Notes to Editors:
1. For further press information contact RIBA.Competitions@riba.org
2. RIBA Competitions Please ensure RIBA Competitions is credited when mentioning the above selectiion process. RIBA Competitions delivers choice, inspiration and value to clients through expertly run competitive selection processes. The dedicated RIBA Competitions team can help you explore the full potential of your project, for further information visit www.architecture.com/competitions
3. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body that serves its members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment.
Follow @RIBA on Twitter for regular updates www.twitter.com/RIBA
4. About Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust :
Great Ormond Street Hospital is one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals with the broadest range of dedicated, children’s healthcare specialists under one roof in the UK. The hospital’s pioneering research and treatment gives hope to children from across the UK with the rarest, most complex and often life-threatening conditions. GOSH’s patients and families are central to everything the hospital does.
5. About the GOSH Redevelopment Programme:
The Redevelopment Programme at GOSH is upgrading the hospital’s estate to provide access to the best paediatric care and research for more children. The Trust is replacing buildings that are no longer suitable for modern healthcare, creating additional space to allow more children to be treated, integrating research activities and supporting the development of new models of care.
Posted on Monday 21st November 2016