The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is calling for entries for the 2013 RIBA President's Awards for Research.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 20th May 2013 at 5pm.
In this, the eighth year of the awards, entries are invited in the following four categories:
Masters Thesis: for the best Masters Thesis by an RIBA Chartered Member or from any school of architecture in which the department has a course validated by the RIBA
PhD Thesis: for the best PhD Thesis by an RIBA Chartered Member or from any school of architecture in which the department has a course validated by the RIBA
University-led Research: for the best completed research project carried out in any school of architecture in which the department has a course validated by the RIBA
Professional Practice-led Research: for the best completed research project initiated by an RIBA Chartered Member or RIBA Chartered Practice
Entries will be judged on their contribution to architecture, using the criteria of originality, significance, rigour and communication, the winning entries must be regarded as making an exceptional contribution to architectural knowledge.
RIBA President Angela Brady said:
'The RIBA President’s Awards for Research exist to promote and celebrate the innovative research and insight continuously emerging from across our profession.
'Each year we receive a diverse range of thought-provoking, challenging and useful entries from around the world that benefit the profession as a whole – I’m looking forward to seeing this year’s entries.'
Professor Murray Fraser, Chair of the RIBA Research and Innovation Group, added:
'With the introduction last year of the additional award for Masters-level research the RIBA’s Research Awards are cementing their position as a major international prize for high-quality research.'
Notes to editors
- For further press information contact Howard Crosskey in the RIBA Press Office: 020 7307 3761 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The call for submissions and the entry forms are available to download: www.architecture.com/Awards/RIBAPresidentsAwardsForResearch
- For more information or to make a submission please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7307 3679
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm, Monday 20 May 2013. Winners will be notified in November 2013.
- A list of previous winners can be found here http://www.architecture.com/Awards/RIBAPresidentsAwardsForResearch/PastWinners.aspx
- The judging panel, composed of practitioners and academics, is appointed by the RIBA Research and Innovation Group and approved by the President of the RIBA. The judges may also award commendations to one or more other shortlisted submissions in each category.
- The judging panel is appointed by the RIBA Research and Innovation Group and approved by the President. As well as a certificate and a citation, the winners may be invited to feature their research in the RIBA Journal and on www.architecture.com
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. Visit www.architecture.com or follow us at www.twitter.com/RIBA