£5,000 scholarships available to architecture students
2014 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships open for entries
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the architects’ professional indemnity insurance mutual, The Wren Insurance Association Limited (the Wren), have today announced the launch of the 2014 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships to support talented students during the final year of their RIBA Part 2.
This year’s scholarships will be awarded at the start of the 2014/15 academic session and will comprise five generous awards, each of £5,000. The deadline for applications is Monday 5 May 2014.
The RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships were set up in 2013 by the Wren who decided to mark their 25th anniversary as PII mutual with a £125,000 commitment to help educate young architects of the future. The awards will be awarded annually for an initial period of five years to Part 2 students enrolled in RIBA-validated schools of architecture in the UK.
Stephen Hodder, RIBA President said:
“The RIBA is committed to supporting students and helping them realise their ambitions to become architects. Thanks to the generosity shown by the Wren, these scholarships will provide five of our students with vital support at a crucial stage of their professional development.”
Richard Pullen, Chairman of Wren, said
“The impact of last year’s scholarships exceeded our expectations and we are anticipating even greater interest this year as the Wren looks forward to helping a further five Part 2 students with this year’s scholarships. The Wren is proud to have established these scholarships and is grateful to the RIBA for their support. Having helped each other over the last 26 years, the Members of the Wren feel that it is appropriate to support and encourage the next generation of talented architects who have the potential to make a significant contribution to the field of architecture.”
Applicants can find more information about last year’s award winners and how to apply for this year’s awards at www.architecture.com/wrenscholarships
Notes to editors
- For further press information contact Howard Crosskey in the RIBA Press Office: 020 7307 3761 firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, visit www.architecture.com/wrenscholarships
- Interested applicants should contact Hayley Russell email@example.com 020 7307 3678 if they require help with their applications.
- The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members www.architecture.com Follow us on Twitter for regular RIBA updates www.twitter.com/RIBA
- The Wren Insurance Association Limited is an architects’ professional indemnity insurance mutual that was set up in 1987 by a group of architects in order to provide the broadest sustainable cover to its Members. Fifty six of the UK’s major architectural practices are currently in Membership www.wrenmutual.co.uk
- Having enjoyed 25 successful years the Wren decided to mark its quarter century by making available a scholarship fund to Part 2 students over the next five years at a time when the cost of qualification can be overwhelming and the opportunity of being mentored by some of the world’s leading architectural firms is particularly welcome.
Posted on Monday 3rd March 2014