The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is calling for entries for the 2014 RIBA President's Awards for Research. The deadline for submissions is Monday 19 May 2014 at 5pm.
In this the ninth year of the awards entries are invited in the following four categories:
- Masters Thesis: for the best Masters Thesis by an RIBA Chartered member or from any school of architecture in which the department has a course validated by the RIBA
- PhD Thesis: for the best PhD Thesis by an RIBA Chartered Member or from any school of architecture in which the department has a course validated by the RIBA
- University-led Research: for the best completed research project carried out in any school of architecture in which the department has a course validated by the RIBA
- Professional Practice-led Research: for the best completed research project initiated by a RIBA Chartered Member or RIBA Chartered Practice
Entries will be judged on criteria including: originality, significance, rigour and communication. The winning entries must be regarded as making an exceptional contribution to architectural knowledge.
RIBA President, Stephen Hodder, said:
“The RIBA President’s Awards for Research are a celebration and reminder of the importance of architectural knowledge to our profession and the wider construction industry. I’m looking forward to seeing original and exciting research undertaken by RIBA members, Chartered Practices and RIBA-validated Schools of Architecture.”
The incoming chair of the judging panel, Professor Ruth Morrow, said:
“I am excited to be chairing the judging panel for the awards and I look forward to reading a range of stimulating and significant research from across the world.”
Notes to editors
1. For further press information contact Howard Crosskey in the RIBA Press Office: 020 7307 3761 email@example.com
2. The call for submissions and the entry forms are available to download http://www.architecture.com/Awards/RIBAPresidentsAwardsForResearch/RIBAPresidentsAwardsForResearch.aspx
3. For more information or to make a submission please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7307 3679
4. The deadline for submissions is 5pm, Monday 19 May 2014. Winners will be notified in November 2014.
5. A list of previous winners can be found here http://www.architecture.com/Awards/RIBAPresidentsAwardsForResearch/PastWinners.aspx
6. Professor Ruth Morrow, from Queen’s University Belfast, will chair the judging panel. The judging panel is appointed by the RIBA Research and Innovation Group and approved by the President. As well as a certificate and a citation, the winners may be invited to feature their research in the RIBA Journal and on www.architecture.com
7. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. Visit www.architecture.com or follow us at www.twitter.com/RIBA
Posted on Thursday 27th February 2014