14 buildings shortlisted for RIBA South East 2017 Awards
Fourteen buildings have been shortlisted for RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) South East 2017 Awards. There were 45 buildings entered in the region, which covers Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
The winners will be announced at an Awards event at Ascot Racecourse on Thursday 25 May.
The buildings that have been shortlisted for RIBA South East Awards this year are:
- Kingsdown House, The King’s School, Canterbury by Walters & Cohen Architects
- Command of the Oceans, Chatham Historic Dockyard, Chatham by Baynes and Mitchell Architects
- Smythe Library refurbishment, Tonbridge School, Tonbridge by BDP
- Private house, Kent by Macdonald Wright Architects with Rural Office for Architecture and Niall Maxwell
- Private house, Kent by Tonkin Liu
- Private house by James Gorst Architects
- Entrance Tower, Brighton College, Brighton by Richard Griffiths Architects
- Music School, Brighton College, Brighton by Eric Parry Architects
- British Airways i360, Brighton by Marks Barfield Architects
- The Traffic Lights, Brighton by John Pardey Architects
- Jack Mill House, Hassocks by Featherstone Young
- Hastings Pier, Hastings by dRMM Architects
- Private house by Sandy Rendel Architects Ltd
- Private house by ABIR Architects
All shortlisted buildings will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning buildings announced at an Awards evening and reception at Ascot Racecourse on Thursday 25 May. The guest of honour will be RIBA President Jane Duncan.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in June. The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning buildings later in the year.
Notes to editors:
1. For further press information please contact Jenny Peterson, 0750 146 6648 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Details of the private houses shortlisted for RIBA Awards are confidential at this stage.
3. Tickets for the RIBA South/South East Awards evening, open to all cost £95+VAT. Ticket includes reception, three-course dinner and Awards presentations. To book, contact email@example.com
4. RIBA Awards have run continuously since 1966 and are judged and presented locally. No matter the shape, size, budget or location, RIBA Award-winning schemes set the standard for great architecture all across the country. RIBA Awards are for buildings in the UK by RIBA Chartered Architects and RIBA International Fellows.
Posted on Monday 20th March 2017