It is not just architects and architects in training who want to be part of the RIBA. If you have a professional interest or passion for architecture and want to become part of the RIBA, you can join as an RIBA Affiliate Member.
It is a terrific opportunity to extend the reach of your professional contacts as it provides a platform to network with individuals within the architectural and wider construction sector.
The RIBA provides support and services to members located all over the world. If you are based overseas, you can enjoy the benefits of RIBA Affiliate Membership at a reduced subscription rate.
As an RIBA Affiliate Member you will have access to a comprehensive range of professional services and exclusive resources.
Who can become an RIBA Affiliate member?
To become an RIBA Affiliate Member, you must meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- hold an RIBA recognised Part 1 qualification – or
- be a full member of a professional institute on the Construction Industry Council list – or
- be a lecturer (or similar) at an architectural school – or
- have a professional interest in architecture and/or construction and have an RIBA Chartered Member as a referee.
Advantages of being an RIBA Affiliate member
As an RIBA Affiliate Member you have access to a host of resources to help further your knowledge, while keeping you up-to-date with the latest issues and developments within the architectural profession.
Please note that as an RIBA Affiliate Member you are not eligible to use the 'RIBA' affix after your name.
Knowledge, research and information
- Receive free one-to-one, bespoke and specialist guidance on architectural practice, business matters, history, conservation and the work of the RIBA through the dedicated RIBA Information Centre.
- Enhance your skill set and share your views on specialist topics of interest with those who work in the architectural and wider construction profession
- Get the latest news on design and practice with a free subscription to one of the UK's leading architectural monthly magazines (worth up to £185.00 p.a.) – RIBA Journal and online Journal.
- Stay up-to-date on practice, international news, CPD information, recession support and more through the RIBA e-bulletins.
- Access an extensive international collection of books, journals, drawings and photographs on the history and practice of architecture, the built environment and landscape design from the British Architectural Library and online library.
- Receive preferential rates for lectures, seminars and other events within the RIBA Trust programme.
- Take advantage of exclusive discounts on the Journal of Architecture and Building Research Information publications.
- Access an extensive resource of relevant products and services through the Product Selector Directory.
- Access tips, advice and exclusive downloads via the online RIBA CPD section.
In addition to the listed benefits, the RIBA works with its members to provide services and advice to reflect the changing landscape of the industry.
How to become an RIBA Affiliate member
You can apply for RIBA Affiliate Membership at any time simply by printing off and completing the application form below, then returning it to us with your subscription payment.
If you are paying by Direct Debit from a Lloyds, Barclays, Danske or Metro Bank account, please send the payment page in the post to the address noted on the first page of the application form as these banks require an original copy.