If you work in, or are studying, architecture you’re already a member of an incredible community. And now you can make that membership official. RIBA membership demonstrates your commitment to professional and ethical standards, and our members are recognised globally as being the very best in their business.
Membership gives you access to a whole host of benefits and opportunities, guidance and support, and connections to others in your profession.
Free membership until the end of the year
If you sign up for membership of the RIBA for 2017 now, you will receive free membership for the rest of 2016. To take advantage of this great offer, either:
a) Make a full payment of the 2017 fee by card or bank transfer, or
b) Set up a Direct Debit to pay in monthly instalments, beginning 21 Jan 2017
If you have any questions about joining please contact our Membership team on:
+44 (0) 20 7307 3686 or email Membership Development.
Why Be RIBA?
- Be outstanding – RIBA membership allows you to demonstrate a commitment to excellence and exemplary ethical and professional standards
- Be connected – stay connected to other architects, professionals, the public and the latest developments in the profession through local, national and international networks online and offline
- Be informed – acquire as much knowledge as possible through CPD events, conference, workshops, the RIBA Journal, our bookshops and the world-renowned RIBA library
- Be represented – we actively lobby government to influence changes and encourage feedback and opinions from you and fellow members on policy and legislation
- Be inspired – we genuinely share your passion for architecture and develop thought-provoking exhibitions and events to stimulate you and appeal to the wider public, raising awareness of the profession
- Be supported – we are here to offer guidance and help at every stage of your career and also offer our members some great discounts and special member offers
How to Be RIBA
Choose one of the RIBA Individual Membership options below to find out more about Membership and how to join.
If you have any questions about joining please feel free to get in touch with our Membership team:
- Call +44 (0) 207 307 3686
- email Membership Development
- Come in for a visit – 66 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AD
Refer a friend and receive a £25 RIBA Bookshop voucher
At the RIBA we've been supporting our members and the architectural profession for over 175 years. Our strength is our members, and as the network grows, so does the influence of our community and power of our voice.
Why not tell a friend or a colleague about why you have decided to join the RIBA network and if they become a member you'll receive a £25 RIBA Bookshop voucher to redeem online. Terms and conditions apply.
To refer a friend
Email Membership Development or call 020 7307 3686 providing the name, email address and contact number of the friend you are referring, along with the category of RIBA Membership they will be applying for.
We will then contact them to confirm that you were the person that referred them.
The friend you referred will then be asked to write your name and the code WEB001 in the Application Code box on their application form.