Explore our free exhibitions, attend an event, learn at our library, browse our bookshop or enjoy a coffee or meal in our cafe and bistro at 66 Portland Place. Our building is open to the public and rooms are available for hire. You can discover more about our building through a guided tour of the building and our collections. Contact us if you have any questions. We welcome groups of all kinds. To ensure you make the most of your trip, please check the information below or contact us in advance.
66 Portland Place
We are located a short walk away from Regent's Park, Marylebone High Street and Oxford Street
All our facilities (including our exhibitions, Library, bookshop, cafe and bistro) within the building have different opening times, please check them in advance before your visit.
Opening hours for 66 Portland Place:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm
(Tuesday open until 8pm)
- Saturday 8am to 5pm
- Sunday 10am to 5pm
May Bank Holiday weekend: Closed Saturday 30 April to Monday 2 May 2016
Spring Bank Holiday weekend: Open Saturday 28 May to Monday 30 May 2016, 10am to 5pm
- Nearest London Underground stations are Oxford Circus, Regents Park and Great Portland Street.
- Buses that stop nearby include numbers: C2, 18, 27, 30, 88, 205 and 453.
- Bicycle racks are located outside 66 Portland Place and cycle hire docking stations can be found along Portland Place.
- On-street parking is available on Portland Place (A4021) and its vicinity. Please note 66 Portland Place is inside the northern boundary of the Congestion Charging zone.
- For more information see www.tfl.gov.uk
Our main facilities have step free access. Access to the Henry Jarvis Hall and Foyer is by steps only.
Guide dogs are welcome and portable induction loops are available.
A disabled toilet is located in the basement.
Please call ahead on +44 (0)20 7580 5533 before your visit to check accessibility.
- Single yellow line restrictions apply outside 66 Portland Place
- There are designated disabled parking spaces for Blue Badge holders on Portland Place
- More information is available from Transport for London on transport accessibility
Free wifi is available to visitors within the building.
Men's toilets in the basement and on levels 2 and 6
Women's toilets in the basement and on levels 3 and 5
Disabled toilet in the basement
Architecture Gallery policy
Groups of all kinds are welcome. To ensure you make the most of your trip, please check the information below or contact us in advance at email@example.com or +44 (0)20 7307 3699.
Please take some time to familiarise yourself with our guidance below to ensure you make the most of your trip, or contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7307 3699.
- Please do not touch any items on display. Even clean hands can damage surfaces
- Please do not consume food or drink in the Gallery
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building
- Please do not use flash photography or tripods. Photography in our galleries is permitted for personal, non-commercial purposes only
- Please do not photograph items where this is specified by the lender (clearly labelled)
- Please do not bring in large bags or bulky items
- Sketching is permitted but the use of charcoal, pastels, permanent markers and water colour or oil paint is not allowed in the Gallery
- Please do not lean or place items on top of table cases and cabinets (our cabinets are alarmed)