For details of opening times please visit http://www.test.com/
Straddling health and housing, aging and disability, mainstream and specialised housing, planning and Building Regulations, accessibility is sometimes caught in the middle, this seminar will find out what architects think about these questions and more:
- is the strategic thinking as joined up as it might be?
- do designers and developers understand what is
expected of them?
- are standards asking for too much?
- have 'hearts and minds' been 'won over', or is there still a degree of resistance?
- are the built results good enough or, like energy performance, is the intention somewhatbetter than the reality?
This session will aim to achieve the following objectives:
- raise awareness of the demographic need for new housing
- explain why we must design for a range of different needs
- understand the relationship between space and accessibility
- provide a clear interpretation of current accessibility standards
- share examples of good design and innovative tested solutions
- pass on tips for compliance.
Speaker: Julia Park BSc BArch, Head of Housing Research, Levitt Bernstein
RIBA CPD Club Members: Free of charge
RIBA members: £70.80 (£59 + VAT)
Others: £70.80 (£59 + VAT)
RIBA Student Member:£18 (£15 + VAT)
01522 837 480
Please click on the following link for more information and to download the booking form for this event: