For details of opening times please visit http://www.test.com/
This seminar, applied to the architect's day-to day practice, will discuss the above questions, dispel myths and look at the fundamental issues in relation to the specifying of low carbon and renewable technologies as part of a sustainable design strategy.
Short presentations combined with practical exercises and case studies which draw on The Environmental Design Pocketbook will provide:
- a straightforward guide to low and zero carbon technologies and renewables. Including,solar panels, CHP, biomass boilers and different kinds of heat-pumps
- an appreciation of the relative importance of renewable and low carbon technologiescompared with other measures
- a quick means of understanding when low carbon technologies and renewablestechnologies may be appropriate, which and why
- a simple approach to estimating what energy use and carbon emissions are likely to befor a building – both with and without renewable energy provision
- a simple approach to estimating what potential energy and carbon reductions are likelyto be for low carbon technologies and renewables.
Delegates need to bring an open mind and a pocket calculator!
Speaker: Sofie Pelsmakers, UCL Energy Institute
RIBA CPD Club Members: Free of charge
RIBA members: £70.80 (£59 + VAT)
Others: £102 (£85 + VAT)
RIBA Student Member: £18 (£15 + VAT)
01522 837 480