This seminar has been cancelled
The High Court has mentioned in the past that architects who are unfamiliar with the Housing Grants Act / New Construction Act could be negligent. This seminar will explain the operation of the New Construction Act for architects, in particular:
- how the standard forms of contract deal with the New Construction Act
- how will the act apply?
- what notices will have to be given before payments are made;
- the effect of not giving a notice, and particularly the default payment mechanism;
- when can the works or an architect’s professional services be suspended for non-payment, and the procedure involved?
- adjudication – how may it be used to reinforce the New Construction Act.