Non Members: £102 (£85 + VAT)
RIBA Student Members: £18 (£15 + VAT)
RIBA / CIAT Members: £70.80 (£59 + VAT)
The speaker will define and clarify the duties and liabilities of the architect in the execution of their responsibilities and obligations to the client. He will review the principal instruments of contract administration that govern the management of delay and include: notices, claims and early warnings, applications for and adjudication upon extensions of time, loss and expense, liquidated and ascertained damages and their application, delay mitigation, acceleration and time at large.
The delegates will be given a detailed understanding of:
- the architect's appointment, standard term agreements, bespoke agreements and lettersof appointment, terms of engagement and key issues
- rights and obligations of the parties
- the architect's liability and provision for limitation
- third party rights, collateral warranties, intellectual property and copyright
- the duty of care, tortious liability and negligence
- consultant appointments, coordination and watch points
- the architect as contract administrator, instruments of contract administration and themanagement of employer's time risk events, extensions of time breach of contract andprovisions for remedy.
Speaker: Dyfed Griffiths, University of Bath