Expert Advisory Groups: on pause
In the past, members have been able to join a number of Expert Advisory Groups to use their expertise to inform RIBA responses to consultations and proactive campaigns, as well as products and guidance to support the profession.
On 30 September 2021, the RIBA Council decided to pause all existing Expert Advisory Groups and instead create a number of short-term Task and Finish Groups to support it in its role of giving strategic advice and guidance to the Board.
The Chairs of the existing Expert Advisory Groups (listed below) alongside other key stakeholders were invited to identify and prioritise topics of strategic relevance to the architecture profession and/or architects themselves, whether members or not, for Council to consider. Council has been working through this list and will be creating Task & Finish Groups over the coming months.
Council extends its thanks to all those who have been involved in the Expert Advisory Groups to date, who will continue to offer support, guidance and advice on a more flexible basis, as required.
Expert Advisory Group Chairs
- Architects for Change: Femi Oresanya, HOK (Interim Chair)
- Client Liaison Group: Nigel Ostime, Hawkins Brown (Chair)
- Conservation Group: Fiona Raley, Fiona Raley Architecture (Chair)
- CPD Steering Group: John Hickey, DV Architecture and Manchester School of Architecture (Chair)
- Housing Group: no chair
- Large Practice Group: Constance Rideout, Arup (Interim Chair)
- Planning Group: Philip Waddy, West Waddy ADP (Chair)
- Regulation and Standards Group: Dieter Bently-Gockmann, EPR Architects (Chair)
- Small Practice Group: Barbara Kaucky, Erect Architecture (Chair)
- Sustainable Futures Group: Gary Clark, HOK (Chair)