Senior Consultant Global Future Cities Programme
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Location: London or Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: As required on a consultancy basis
The RIBA has submitted a bid to carry out a Capacity Development Programme as a part of the UK Foreign Office Global Future Cities Development Programme.
To ensure the successful delivery of the programme, we are currently seeking Senior Consultant to become an integral part of the delivery team.
Working with the RIBA Project Lead, the consultant will be responsible for:
- Devising a programme of capacity building for the GFCP
- Creating a programme plan
- Working with a broad range of stakeholders to source contributors to, and ensure the quality of, the programme
- Reporting on the project progress to the FCO, UN Habitat, the RIBA and UK BEAG
- Working with representatives of the 19 cites engaged in the GFCP (along with UN Habitat and the FCO) to ensure that the programme meets identified city needs
- Extracting and reporting on the issues, opportunities and lessons learnt of the programme
- Providing advice on suitable methodologies for International Capacity Development
- Engaging all stakeholders in the value and importance of the programme
- Aligning the work of the Capacity Building Programme to the FCO Theory of Change
- Placing the programme within a broader context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, RIBA’s commitment to ethical and sustainable practice, and UK’s overseas programmes
- Ensuring programme delivery is consistent with the strategy, objects, and charitable purpose of the RIBA
We expect the consultant will be appointed for, on average, one to two days a week for two years. The time required in any given week will, however, vary significantly in order to meet the demands of the programme
The appointment of the consultant or consultant will only be contracted if the RIBA is successful in its bid and the RIBA does not make any commitment at this stage to awarding a consultancy contract.
The RIBA is currently inviting ‘expressions of interest’ in the Senior Consultancy role. The role will only be contracted if the RIBA is successful in its bid.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a CV, cover letter and a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and Applicants Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read job description: Senior Consultant – Global Future Cities Programme
Closing date: Ongoing
Interview date: TBC
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566