Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Location: 76 Portland Place
Hours: 21 hours per week, part time, starting asap, fixed term contract till March 2020
The role requires a minimum of three working days per week, at least two of which should be at the RIBA office, as well as regular attendance at the weekly evening event at 66 Portland Place from October 2019.
To support the project Executive Producer in delivering the new initiative at RIBA: The Architects Underground, a weekly arts event held every Wednesday evening at 66 Portland Place. This event is being launched on 11 September 2019.
This is an exciting and ambitious project and we need a hardworking, dynamic and motivated team with the will to make it happen.
- General assisting/admin duties for the Exec Producer and Founder
- General research for programme content, eg for guests, topics, images, news
- Sourcing and contacting potential guests, presenters, and leads
- Liaison with guests for travel arrangements, timings, contracts, etc
- Other research and general back up, e.g. brand collaborations, promotion, social media backup
- Production support for weekly events, e.g. creating running orders, checklists, liaising with RIBA venues teams and A/V staff, preparing venue, etc
- Content creation including written reports and image collating
- General help/hosting at weekly The Architects Underground event at 66 Portland Place
- Interest in architecture, design and the arts
- Ability to work on own initiative and calm under pressure
- Super organised, confident and reliable
- Excellent computer skills (including Excel, Outlook, Google Calendars, etc)
- Comfortable dealing with A listers and VIPs
- Available to attend various evening events in the world of arts and culture
- Tenacious and imaginative in order to follow leads and track down desirable key guests, presenters, content
- Good writing skills, plus an interest in creating content for blogs, show content, marketing and promotional material etc
- Excellent knowledge of current trends and usage of social media platforms
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a CV, cover letter and a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and Applicants statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read job description: General Assistant for Executive producer of The Architects Underground
Closing date: 23 Sept 2019
Interview date: 4 October 2019
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566