Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: Pro bono
Location: London/remote working
Hours: Voluntary. Please see time commitment as outlined below.
Responsibilities: The Honorary Treasurer chairs the Finance and Operations Committee (FOC) and is an ex-officio member of the RIBA Board. They are a trustee of the RIBA.
The Finance and Operations Committee assumes overall responsibility for the areas of finance, premises and the capital plan, human resources, venues and information technology. Its role within the fields of resource, planning and finance is to:
- direct the business activity of the RIBA on behalf of the RIBA
- advise on the formulation of objectives, policy and priorities
- oversee the implementation of RIBA Board decisions
Liaison and support: The Honorary Treasurer can expect to work with the Chief Operating Officer and members of the Business Services team.
Time commitment: The time commitment for the role of Honorary Treasurer is as follows:
- Finance and Operations Committee (four half-days per annum)
- RIBA Board meetings (six half-days per annum)
- four one-day meetings of the RIBA Council
- One annual meeting of RIBA 1834 Ltd (approximately one hour)
- Attends other meetings as required, for example one-to-one sessions with the Chief Operating Officer.
RIBA Chartered members may put themselves forward provided they have the support of two members of the RIBA Council serving in the 2019 to 2020 session.
Term of office:
For an initial period of one year, commencing 2 October 2019. Candidates are asked to note that owing to the RIBA’s constitutional review, the terms of office are likely to be subject to change in spring 2020. You are advised to contact the RIBA’s Council Secretary as below for further clarification.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a CV and one page statement outlining your suitability for the role, including the names of two serving RIBA Council members who have agreed to nominate you, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 August 2019
Contact for further information: RIBA Council Secretary: + 44 (0)20 7307 3667
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society.
Registered Charity No. 210566