Managing health and life safety
RIBA Members get 50% off the RIBA CPD Programme, compared to non-members
Risk is often misinterpreted as being a malign influence on projects leading to injuries or deaths, business failures, or other catastrophic events. However, risk can also bring enormous rewards, benefits and success when it is channelled appropriately. Design risk management is, or indeed should be, a core skill of all architects or other overarching designers of civil engineering or other building structures. It is the proportionate consideration and integration of all related design issues that contribute to the final design solution on all building projects.
Every project is unique with its own challenges and opportunities which need to be weighed up by the entire project team and a collaborative solution agreed. Where alternative views occur, the Principal Designer needs to reconcile these and with the client’s buy-in orchestrate an appropriate design solution.
This seminar is intended to help project leading designers understand the methodologies and processes by which good design risk management can be executed and allow other specialist designers to realise how they can assist the process.
- Birmingham, Thursday 19 March, More information
- Exeter, Tuesday 24 March, More information
- Crawley, Tuesday 23 April, More information
- London AM, Thursday 14 May, More information
- Chelmsford, Thursday 21 May, More information
- London PM, Tuesday 2 June, More information
- Cambridge, Tuesday 23 June, More information
- Reading, Wednesday 1 July, More information
- Leeds, Wednesday 8 July, More information
- Nottingham, Wednesday 9 September, More information
- Manchester, Wednesday 30 September, More information
- Bath, Wednesday 2 December, More information
- Paul Bussey, AHMM
- Tony Putsman, XPS Limited
RIBA Core CPD seminar: seminar including refreshments
- RIBA/CIAT members £47 + VAT
- Non-RIBA members £94 + VAT
- RIBA student members £15 + VAT
Core Curriculum topics
- Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance
- Health, safety and wellbeing
- Business, clients and services
This CPD seminar is a part of the RIBA Core CPD 2020 programme.