Chapel for the Russian Embassy, 32 Welbeck Street, London

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA17686
Architect/DesignerThomson, James (1800-1883)
Artist/PhotographerSly, Benjamin
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1865
Image Date1864
ViewInterior
StyleByzantine Revival
MediumPrint
Library ReferencePeriodicals
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes SOURCE: Builder, vol. 22, 1864 Sept. 17, p. 687 NOTES: The chapel, built at the rear of the house of the priest attached to the Russian Embassy, still exists as a lecture hall for the current occupiers of the building although the dome has been covered in.

Subject tags

Chapels, domes, church fittings