Cooling towers beside railway sidings at Rugeley A Power Station, Staffordshire

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA51083
Artist/PhotographerBerry, Ian (1934-)
CountryUK: England
CityRugeley
Subject Date1969
Image Date1969
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP/MP3/209
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The first of the two coal-fired power stations on this site, Rugeley A, was commissioned in 1963. By 1995 all five of its generating units were decommissioned and the station was demolished in 1995. Rugeley B was completed in 1972 to work with the Station A. This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct.

Subject tags

power stations, trains