Curzon Mayfair cinema, Curzon Street, Mayfair, London: the foyer

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA42772
Architect/DesignerSir John Burnet Tait & Partners
Artist/PhotographerToomey, Bill (1922-)
CountryUK: England
Subject Date1966
Image Date1966
StyleModern Movement
Library ReferenceAP452/4
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The original Curzon cinema opened in 1934 and was a low-rise brick design by Frank Lorne of Sir John Burnet Tait & Lorne. It closed in 1963, was demolished in 1964 and replaced by this office block development with the cinema in the basement by Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners.

Subject tags

cinemas, stairs, entrance halls