David Brown Laboratories, University of York: the fluestack

RIBApix ref no RIBA44704
Architect/DesignerRobert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners
Artist/PhotographerGalwey, Reginald Hugo de Burgh (1917-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityYork
Subject Date1965
Image Date1965
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP586/51
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The University of York was founded in 1963 and work on its campus facilities in the grounds of Heslington Hall was begun in 1964. The first two colleges, Langwith and Derwent, accepted residential students for the autumn term of 1965. The original buildings were designed by Sir Andrew Derbyshire of Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners, and assembled using the CLASP system of prefabricated construction.

Subject tags

University buildings, concrete, laboratories, heating and ventilating, prefabrication, chimneys