Design for the west elevation of a cathedral

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA3957
Architect/DesignerForeman & Cameron
Artist/PhotographerForeman & Cameron
CountryUK: Scotland
CityGlasgow
Subject Date1842
Image Date1842
ViewExterior
StyleGothic Revival
MediumDrawing
Library ReferenceSC86/10
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Foreman & Cameron have been identified as the architects of St Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Calton, Glasgow, which was opened on 15 August 1842 (as described in 'The Tablet', 27 August 1842). It and its presbytery are the only buildings so far associated with this practice. The drawing illustrated here was perhaps a proposed design for the west end of St Mary's. Renovations took place in the 1860s and then extensive alterations in 1877 by Goldie & Childe (who seem to have been subsequently thought to have been the original architects).

Subject tags

churches, cathedrals