Euston Station, Euston Road, London: passenger sitting in front of the re-sited Britannia sculptural group formerly over a doorway in the Great Hall of the original station now in the Sprig Restaurant and waiting room off the concourse

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA62319
Architect/DesignerMoorcroft, R. L.
Artist/PhotographerBerry, Ian (1934-)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1968
Image Date1969
ViewInterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP/MP2/176
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 2: Society is its contacts (travel and communication)' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Oct. This modern complex of buildings replaced the original Euston Station, designed by Philip Hardwick, which opened in 1837 and was demolished in 1961-1962. This modern complex of buildings replaced the original Euston Station, designed by Philip Hardwick, which opened in 1837 and was demolished in 1961-1962.

Subject tags

sculpture, railway stations, Feature: Manplan 2: Society and its Contacts