Exhibition of sculpture by Bernard Schottlander, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire: 2MS Series no. 4

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA43181
Architect/DesignerSchottlander, Bernard (1924-1999)
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryUK: England
CityMilton Keynes
Subject Date1960
Image Date1972
ViewExterior
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceD119 (Donat Drawer 1, Box 15)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit John Donat / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). The sculpture 2MS Series no. 4 was originally sited at Wavendon Tower but was relocated to the intersection of Saxon Gate and Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes.

Subject tags

steel, sculpture, new towns