Trinity Almshouses, Mile End Road, Stepney, London

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA101597
Architect/DesignerOgbourne, Sir William (c. 1662-1734)
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Tim
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1695
Image Date1972
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceBenton 72-07-04-17A
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Tim Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built in 1695 for the Corporation of Trinity House by the master carpenter, William Ogbourne, the almshouses consist of two rows of brick cottages facing each other across a garden. Having suffered bomb damage in 1941 during World War II, they were restored and modernized by the London County Council in 1956-1962.

Subject tags

almshouses