TWA Terminal, John F Kennedy International Airport, New York

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA113007
Architect/DesignerSaarinen, Eero (1910-1961)
Artist/PhotographerBlaylock, Cameron
CountryUnited States
CityNew York
Subject Date1962
Image Date2016
ViewInterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceBlaylock twa4
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Cameron Blaylock / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built on the marshy tidelands of Idlewild Golf Course, this airport was originally known as Idlewild. It was renamed John F. Kennedy, on 24 December 1963 in honour of the recently assasinated American president. This image is a scan of an original negative.

Subject tags

concrete, airports, TWA Flight Center