Skip to navigation Skip to content

14 New Bridge Street, Blackfriars, City of London: the stone-faced three-bay front with Tuscan pilasters and pediment

RIBApix ref no RIBA47717
Architect/DesignerLewis, James (c. 1751-1820)
Artist/PhotographerToomey, Bill (1922-)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1802
Image Date1971
ViewExterior
StyleClassical Revival
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 181 London (5)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Erected in 1802, this building was originally the gatehouse to Bridewell Royal Hospital, founded in 1553, and which occupied the former Palace of Bridewell, built by Henry VIII in 1523.

Subject tags

office buildings, houses, conversion of buildings, gateways, hospitals