Abbey Church of St Mary the Virgin and St Botolph, Thorney, Cambridgeshire: the west door

RIBApix ref no RIBA28918
Artist/PhotographerSmith, Edwin (1912-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityThorney
Subject Date1638
Image Date1958
ViewExterior
StyleGothic
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceESP/ABB/81 (ES4857)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Edwin Smith / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The original church, that of the abbey, was built in 1089-1108 and abandoned during the Dissolution of the Monasteries. It was restored as a parish church in 1638 in mixed styles of Norman and Perpendicular.

Subject tags

churches, entrances, doors