Adams and Page lace warehouse, Nottingham

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA16868
Architect/DesignerHine, Thomas Chambers (1814-1899)
Artist/PhotographerSly, Benjamin
CountryUK: England
CityNottingham
Subject Date1855
Image Date1854
ViewExterior
StyleItalianate
MediumPrint
Library ReferencePeriodicals
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes SOURCE: Builder, vol 12, 1854 Oct. 21, p. 547 NOTES: This building, now listed and called the Adams Building, opened in 1855 and was added to by Hine in phases to 1874. There were further additions in the twentieth century. Acquired by the Lace Market Heritage Trust in 1996 it was restored and now forms part of the city campus of New College Nottingham.

Subject tags

warehouses, textile factories