Additions to King's School, Canterbury: the entrance elevation of Mitchinson House with the house master's accommodation sited behind the flint wall on the left and Mint Yard Gate on the right

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA116858
Architect/DesignerMaguire & Murray
Artist/PhotographerCharles, Martin (1940-2012)
CountryUK: England
CityCanterbury
Subject Date1983
Image Date1983
ViewExterior
MediumNegative
Library ReferenceMC W 280683c
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Martin Charles / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This was a series of insertions by architects Maguire & Murray to the largely medieval fabric of Kings's School. They comprised two new houses, Luxmore for boarders and Mitchinson for day boys, a new physics laboratory and extension to the dining hall. See RIBA116849 for a black and white version of this image.

Subject tags

schools, gates