All Saints Church, Oxford: the steeple

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA77528
Architect/DesignerAldrich, Henry (1648-1710)
Hawksmoor, Nicholas (1661-1736)
Potter, Robert (b. 1909)
Artist/PhotographerBaistow, Peter
CountryUK: England
CityOxford
Subject Date1720
Image Date1972
ViewExterior
StyleBaroque
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP136/43
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Completed in 1720, the church of All Saints was designed by Henry Aldrich, the Dean of Christ Church. Nicholas Hawksmoor is thought to be responsible for the tower and the spire after Aldrich's death in 1710. The church was made redundant in 1971 and subsequently converted into Lincoln College library by Robert Potter.

Subject tags

churches, spires, libraries, conversion of buildings