Anglican Chapel, Nunhead Cemetery, Peckham, London: perspective view

RIBApix ref no RIBA32094
Architect/DesignerLittle, Thomas (1802-1859)
Artist/PhotographerBoys, Thomas Shotter (1803-1874)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1844
Image Date1839
ViewExterior
StyleGothic Revival
MediumPrint
Library ReferenceSC193/9
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Nunhead Cemetery (originally known as All Saint's Cemetery) was opened in 1840 and laid out to designs by James Bunstone Bunning, who also designed the gates and lodges. Thomas Little won the competition for the Anglican and Dissenters' Chapels, both of which were badly damaged in World War II - the Dissenters' Chapel irreparably damaged and later demolished, the Anglican Chapel now a stabilized ruin.

Subject tags

Chapels, cemeteries