Annexe to the Salvation Army Officers' College, 34 Sydenham Hill, London: the accommodation block

RIBApix ref no RIBA79614
Architect/DesignerC. Wycliffe Noble & Partners
Artist/PhotographerToomey, Bill (1922-)
CountryUK: England
Subject Date1961
Image Date1961
StyleModern Movement
Library ReferenceAP Box 784 (1949-1963) (2)
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The annexe was built in the gardens of a large Victorian house at no. 34 Sydenham Hill, known as The Cedars, which was purchased by the Salvation Army in 1944. It opened in 1950 as the International Staff College.

Subject tags

balconies, hostels, colleges