Bank of Ireland (former Irish Parliament House), College, Dublin: the west side of the Ionic colonnaded forecourt seen from the south

RIBApix ref no RIBA58928
Architect/DesignerPearce, Sir Edward Lovett (c. 1699-1733)
Subject Date1803
Image Date1880
StyleClassical Revival
Library Reference13200
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The old Parliament Building was designed by Pearce and built in 1729-1739. The east and west porticos were added by Gandon in 1785-1797 and the curving screen walls by Johnston in 1803 when the building was converted into a bank.

Subject tags

government buildings, banks, conversion of buildings, porticos, colonnades, pediments