Bank of Ireland (former Irish Parliament House), College Green, Dublin: detail of the main pediment

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA93982
Architect/DesignerGandon, James (1742-1823)
Pearce, Sir Edward Lovett (c. 1699-1733)
Artist/PhotographerKay, Ken
CountryIreland
CityDublin
Subject Date1739
Image Date2014
ViewExterior
MediumDigital image
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Ken Kay / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The old Parliament Building was designed by Pearce and built in 1729-1739. The east and west porticos were added by Gandon in 1785-1797 and curving screen walls by Johnston in 1803 when the building was converted into a bank.

Subject tags

government buildings, banks, pediments