Bank of Ireland (former Irish Parliament House), College Green, Dublin, seen from the south

RIBApix ref no RIBA50296
Architect/DesignerGandon, James (1742-1823)
Johnston, Francis (1760-1829)
Pearce, Sir Edward Lovett (c. 1699-1733)
Artist/PhotographerLawrence, William Mervyn (1840-1932)
CountryIreland
CityDublin
Subject Date1803
Image Date1880
ViewExterior
StyleNeoclassical
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference32924/1
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The old Parliament Building was designed by Pearce and built in 1729-1739. The east and west porticos were added by Gandon in 1785-1797 and the curving screen walls by Johnston in 1803 when the building was converted into a bank.

Subject tags

government buildings, banks, conversion of buildings, porticos, colonnades