Bank of Ireland (former Irish Parliament House), College Green, Dublin

RIBApix ref no RIBA91352
Architect/DesignerDobbs, Arthur (1689-1765)
Gandon, James (1742-1823)
Pearce, Sir Edward Lovett (c. 1699-1733)
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Charlotte
CountryIreland
CityDublin
Subject Date1739
Image Date1999
ViewExterior
StyleNeoclassical
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceBenton 99-55-17
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Charlotte Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The old Parliament Building was designed by Pearce and built in 1729-1739, with the colonnade completed by Arthur Dobbs. The east and west porticos were added by Gandon in 1785-1797 and the south curving screen walls by Johnston in 1803 when the building was converted into a bank.

Subject tags

government buildings, banks, conversion of buildings, porticos, colonnades