Bank of Ireland Headquarters, Lower Baggot Street, Dublin: the eight-storey set-back block on its podium

RIBApix ref no RIBA43167
Architect/DesignerScott Tallon Walker Architects
Tallon, Ronald
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryIreland
CityDublin
Subject Date1972
Image Date1972
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceD119 (Donat Drawer 1, Box 13)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit John Donat / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built on the site of the former Lincoln & Nolan's car-assembly plant, the original two-block complex was extended by a third building in 1973-1975. The curtain wall of bronze-tinted sun-resistant glass was manufactured by Smith & Pearson in Dublin.

Subject tags

curtain walling, office buildings, glass, steel, banks, colonnades