Bank of Ireland Headquarters, Lower Baggot Street, Dublin: the end of the five-storey block on Lower Baggot Street seen before the demolition of the Victorian terrace on the left

RIBApix ref no RIBA56207
Architect/DesignerScott Tallon Walker Architects
Tallon, Ronald
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryIreland
CityDublin
Subject Date1972
Image Date1972
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP364/71 (Donat 14 08 72 6/12)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Built on the site of the former Lincoln & Nolan's car-assembly plant, the original two-block complex was extended by a third building in 1973-1975. This photograph shows the complex before the addition of the later four-storey block housing the public banking hall which replaced the Victorian brick building and faces the five-storey block across the central plaza. The curtain wall of bronze-tinted sun-resistant glass was manufactured by Smith & Pearson in Dublin. The Victorian terrace was replaced by a four-storey block housing the public banking hall and faces the five-storey block across the central plaza.

Subject tags

curtain walling, office buildings, glass, steel, brickwork, banks, cars, town houses